Process/Product Traceability & Authentication Software Customization Service
- FASB has developed and applied a start-of-the-art Process/Product Traceability & Authentication Software, which is custom made for food industry. In order to share the technologies and benefit other food producers, FASB is providing a Process/Product Traceability & Authentication Software Customization Service to the industry. In addition, the Process/Product Traceability & Authentication Software has a unique "Product Texture or FingerPrint” Authenticate feature to verify each product authenticity.
- Process/product traceability makes it possible to track product from its point of origin to a retail location where it is purchased by consumers.
- Product traceability, especially food traceability is an important link in protecting public health since it allows health agencies to more quickly and accurately identify the source of contaminated foods believed to be the cause of an outbreak of foodborne illness, remove them from the marketplace, and communicate to the supply chain.
- Many foods are eaten raw or fully cooked‚ from farmer to retailer, works diligently to protect these foods from contamination. Despite their best efforts, foreign matter can occasionally contaminate produce in the field or farm, in packing or processing, in transit or storage.
- Because traceability systems can provide information on the source, location, movement and storage conditions of produce, they also allow farmers, processors and distributors to identify factors affecting quality and delivery.